Monday, October 10, 2011

Web Weaving

This lovely portrait of nature greeted me this morning as I opened the door to the monthly visit of my pest technician.  How appropriate, we both thought, as Halloween approaches. My neighborhood's Halloweens are legendary.  Our street is one of the few, flat, long streets in town and is the major thoroughfare for  the elementary school at the street's one end, for the residents living in the hills, not to mention emergency vehicles of every stripe. In years past, about 200 kids have shown up at the door and in the five years I've participated, I've run out of candy each year.  And, the decorations' anchor is a six-foot web made of twine!  Must be I was inspired by the all the web-weaving naturally surrounding the house.


Charles'/Charlotte's Web



2 comments:

  1. So good to see you back online this way! Has to be Charlotte. Trust the pest technician did NOT add a R.I.P to her weave :)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Anon. It's good to have you back in blogging business! :)

    ReplyDelete