Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Sequel to the Prequel AKA "The End"

It's been my experience that things come in threes, good and bad.  And, so, at the end of this blog, here are three book-related "things" I've recently discovered and enjoyed perusing, slowly:


*Little Free Library

This site was introduced to me by Dee Dee and she hopes to get her son, Tyler, to build a little free library to place outside her Santa Cruz cottage.  


*"Mystery is alive and well in St. Looey"


Met the proprietress, Helen, and chatted about the latest Bouchercon (world mystery convention) just held in the city of the Arch.


What's not to like about a blog with this tagline, "Eight smart and sassy crime fiction writers dish on writing and life.
It's The View. With bodies."

Some might object to my calling this "The End" as we all know nothing ever really ends or disappears once on this worldwide, web, internet thingy. But I vaguely recall one of my first posts saying, "This blog's birth has come about for many reasons, none of which I want to share right now."  And quite appropriately, the death of this blog has come about for many reasons, none of which I know right now.

But thank you for visiting, commenting and sharing your thoughts.  Now please go support your local library and independent book stores.





4 comments:

  1. So sorry to see you go, but trust that spinning and weaving will set you in a frame that's productive to whatever you'd like to do! ~jm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I concur with above comment; I am sorry to see you go, and still wonder, though, about the reasons for this blog's birth, and, alas, its death . . . . Maybe one last post on those?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed writing this as much as I enjoyed reading it.
    JPG

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the winner of Delia's book THE LION IS IN--chosen at random by Hank's husband..is TFJ!

    Contact me at h ryan at whdh dot com
    and give me your address!

    ReplyDelete