Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Day Ahead

Who knew while I was strolling the waterfront that I'd be not only timely with the following photographs, but a day ahead:

National Library Week: National Bookmobile Day, April 13, 2011


I have fond memories of the bookmobile that came by my neighborhood growing up and for many years thought I might retire, find a suitable vehicle, perhaps a boat, and start my own traveling bookmobile.  It was through the bookmobile's offerings that I read my first Agatha Christie novel at age 11.





You can learn about the journey of this particular bookmobile here.

And, of course, tomorrow is part of National Library Week, so please support your local library.  And check out this article from CNN's librarian, Kerith Page McFadden,  for some fun facts about librarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment